Website BMC Investments
BMC Investments/BLDG Management is a vertically integrated investment, development and property management platform. BMC has leveraged its principals’ development and investment expertise and currently owns and manages a 5,500 unit multifamily portfolio along with over $250 million of development projects under construction or in the planning stages. Headquartered in Cherry Creek, BMC has grown to over to 200 employees and strives for industry best practices through disciplined acquisition standards and a fully integrated investment, development and asset management platform, together with its property management affiliate, BLDG Management. BMC has a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture that focuses heavily on its people.
BMC/BLDG is seeking an Associate Director of Human Resources & Culture to oversee all Human Resources needs for the organization. The Associate Director of HR & Culture will develop, lead, direct, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
The successful candidate will:
• Act as a trusted advisor to leaders and team members
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Be people oriented and results driven
• Be a Culture leader by aligning HR programs with company values
• Have experience in supervisory and leadership rolls
• Have 5+ years of human resource management experience and a degree in HR or related field
• Adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
• Protect the company by ensuring compliance to all employment laws
• Think big picture but be willing and able to operate hands-on
• Work with the CFO and President of Property Management in organizational design, development, strategy and goal setting
• Manage all HR related vendor relationships including the PEO partnership with ADP TotalSource
• Design processes and align resources to support the achievement of BLDG Management/BMC Investment’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Provide employee, management and executive level coaching and support
• Supervise and develop human resources staff
Recruiting and Hiring
• Develop and implement effective and innovative recruiting strategies for both home office and on-site positions
• Lead the development/revision of job descriptions, interview guides, hiring assessment and evaluation tools
• Lead employee onboarding and training programming
Compensation and Rewards
• Work with the CFO to design and administer benefit plans aimed at employee satisfaction and retention; develop and deliver benefit training for employees
• Collaborate with the CFO to build payroll budgets.
• Develop, in partnership with CFO and operations leadership, consistent and equitable compensation and bonus structures
• Design and implement a strategic talent management platform that will support business strategy and growth
• Develop and manage performance evaluation programs
• Measure employee satisfaction and engagement; provide the leadership team with detailed HR data reports and advise on best practices necessary to promote exceptional employee morale and motivation
• Develop and/or coordinate the development of training and continuing education programs to support a culture of learning and development
HR Best Practices
• Stay abreast of updates to employment and wage and hour laws and ensure human resources policies, programs, and best practices and the employee handbook remain compliant
• Ensure compliance with existing local, state, and federal employment regulations and reporting requirements. Minimize company exposure to lawsuits.
• Support Marketing efforts in organizing company events and team-building activities
• Oversee the resolution of disputes and investigate complaints in partnership with PEO HRBP
• Support managers in addressing and documenting disciplinary issues, up to and including terminations
• Oversee the proper execution of leaves management, workers comp, payroll management
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of human resource management experience required
• Professional Certification preferred – SHRM or PHR/SPHR
• Experience working with a PEO preferred
• Multi-site HR management preferred but not required
• Experience working with ADP Workforce Now preferred, but not required
All applications are greatly appreciated although only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BLDG Management Co., LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.