CoBank is hiring for a Senior Payroll Administrator.
A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. When you choose a career with CoBank, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. In order to be the best, we hire the best!
Remarkable Benefits offered by CoBank
- Careers with a purpose- stand for something!
- Competitive Compensation & Incentive
- Benefits Packages, including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- CoBank University robust curriculum –associate training and development, including higher education tuition reimbursement
- Outstanding 401k – up to 9% matching!
- Time-Off Packages – Vacation 15+ days, 10 Paid Sick Days, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Community Impact – United Way Angel Day, Volunteer Day and Associate Directed Contribution
- Associate Resource Groups – creating a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Recognize a fellow associate with “GEM” awards, including a monetary value
- Remote days(s) available
At CoBank, the Sr. Payroll Administrator executes the daily administration of the payroll function for a multi-state, multi-entity organization, including but not limited to ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws. Coordinates daily payroll information management operations. Ensures all scheduled payrolls are processed timely and accurately. Assists in the development of policies and procedures for payroll processes. Coordinates payroll interfaces with the HR System. Interfaces with HR team members, the payroll provider, IT, and company management. Reviews multi-state tax filing processes and handles the resolution of payroll tax issues. Administers consolidated policies and practices related to payroll timing, general ledger, reporting, time-off practices and other procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures the timely and accurate processing of payroll and human resources information including new hires, terminations, demographic changes, payroll deductions, and all master information.
- Assists with preparation of payroll-related reports for management.
- Reviews personnel action forms to verify correct data entry.
- Solves payroll problems, responds to associate questions concerning payroll, and enforces payroll policy.
- Recommends and implements approved changes in payroll procedures, existing methods, and internal controls to improve operational efficiency.
- Coordinates payroll records management with the records management area. Reviews the records management program and records cycled off-site annually to assure compliance with the records program.
- Provides input for updates to payroll policies and directives to ensure adequate and practical internal controls and functional quality.
- Supports all accounting and budgeting-related duties of Payroll Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in accounting, business, or human resources management.
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience processing multi-state payrolls; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce strongly preferred.
- In-depth working knowledge of payroll. Relevant exposure to and experience with accounting, budgeting and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, and proven analytical and research skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and professionalism while working with confidential HR information.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage workload and projects in order to navigate peaks, prioritize competing commitments, meet critical deadlines, coordinate complex system integrations, and complete assignments in accordance with established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment, with minimal direction.
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and consultative skills, with the ability to build relationships, collaborate, communicate and work effectively with associates and management at all levels across the bank, as well as outside customers and vendors.
- Excellent technical computer skills, preferably on an ERP system and payroll interface.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint). Very strong proficiency in Excel (i.e. vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
• Estimated Base Salary Range: $70,000-80,000
• Target short-term incentive opportunity: 11%
CoBank stands strong as a $135 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural America. As a national cooperative bank and a proud member of the Farm Credit System it is our mission to serve as a relevant and dependable provider of credit and other value-added financial services. From our headquarters in Denver, Colorado and our regional banking centers across the US, CoBank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.