Website Denver Language School
Denver Language School (DLS) is seeking a Director of Human Resources & Finance to join our public, tuition-free language immersion charter school in Denver. DLS provides an innovative academic program to reach the highest levels of student achievement through comprehensive language immersion education in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. DLS offers traditional learning activities in the target language, making the language both the medium and the object of instruction.
Director of Human Resources & Finance
The Director of Human Resources and Finance reports to the Executive Director and is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team at DLS. As an HR/Finance department of “one” this position requires the ability to easily move between tactical and strategic tasks. DLS works with various third party consultants to assist with tasks such as legal, payroll, bookkeeping, benefits administration, etc. and the Director will be expected to maintain those relationships.
The Director of HR & Finance will lead critical work to:
- Enhance and clarify the DLS vision for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Build and maintain people systems to support a strong staff culture that values differences
- Design and implement meaningful recognition and wellness programs
Areas of Focus Include:
Human Resources/People Systems
- Absence Management: track all staff absences and manage placement of substitute teachers
- Manage annual submission of employee data and qualifications to the district and the state.
- Comply with all existing governmental and labor legal reporting requirements.
- Maintain personnel files and other documents in compliance with federal and state record retention policies.
- Maintain and update all handbooks and policies.
- Employee Relations
- Counsel Principals & Network Leaders regarding personnel practices, policy and employment law.
- Advise individual staff members in the resolution of workplace disputes.
- Provide guidance to the Executive Director and Principals as they implement individualized strategies to enhance the performance of individuals and teams.
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Manage Applicant Tracking System and conduct employee sourcing to recruit and hire quality teachers and school staff; sourcing, screening, interviewing, reference & background checks.
- Regularly develop job descriptions and qualifications by conducting market research and analyzing similarly situated organizations.
- Coordinate immigration items such as work visas and sponsorship.
- Total Rewards
- Oversee Benefits Administration; open enrollment, annual renewal, qualifying event additions and terminations.
- Compensation – Assist the Executive Director in making recommendations regarding compensation strategy for all school employees.
- Design and manager employee recognition and wellness programs
- Manage all financial functions including billing, purchasing, management of school credit card, and management of MySchoolBucks payment system
- Oversee administration of Payroll
- Process Student Financial Aid Applications
- Serve on Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Work collaboratively across the organization and community to manifest the DLS commitment to equity in systems and daily actions
- Implement consistent communication and feedback mechanisms to identify equity issues impacting our school
- Use data and metrics to uncover gaps and develop strategies to strengthen equity across the organization.
- Support and participate on the DEI Leadership Team
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Represent the school as necessary in off-site meetings, associations, etc.
- Participate and support all Network Events
DLS seeks candidates with strong character, a passion for language immersion and a relentless commitment to valuing differences.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited university
- At least 3 years of HR experience
- SPHR, PHR or SHRM designation preferred
- Ability to build relationships across all lines of difference
- Demonstrated high level of professional maturity
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to navigate situations with high levels of ambiguity
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Exempt | Full-Time (220 days/year)
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
- Health Insurance (Kaiser)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- PERA (state pension fund) & 4013 (b) Retirement Plans
- Leadership & Learning Grants
DLS proudly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Denver School of Science and Technology does not exclude participation in, deny benefits to or discriminate on the basis of, ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. (Protected Classes). DLS does not unlawfully discriminate against a member of a Protected Class in admission or access to, or terms and conditions of employment, or in its programs and activities. DLS shall operate as an equal opportunity employer and will provide and safeguard the opportunity for all persons to seek, obtain, hold and advance in employment within the school without discrimination. DLS shall actively promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity. Further, DLS affirms the rights of all Protected Classes to be free from intimidation, discrimination, physical harm and/or harassment.
DLS shall inform students, parents, employees and the general public each school year that the educational programs, activities and employment opportunities offered by the school are offered without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. The announcement shall also include the name/title, address and telephone number of the person designated to coordinate Title IX and Section 504 and ADA compliance activities.
Any person having inquiries concerning the School’s compliance with the regulations implementing Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact the Executive Director or Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.