Website Denver Zoo
Who We Are
Denver Zoo is a leader in animal care, wildlife conservation, and education. We are passionate about our commitment to excellence in support of our mission of Inspiring Communities to Save Wildlife for Future Generations.
Denver Zoo honors our animals, staff, and guests by conducting ourselves at the highest level of integrity through our Core Actions — Inspire Awe: Safety, Care, Connect and by embracing our Core Values of: Welcoming, United, Curious, Courageous and Transformative in all that we do.
About the Job
The HR Generalist advances Denver Zoo’s mission and goals by providing expertise in HR administration. They will collaborate with the Director of HR and other managers on key initiatives that drive optimal employee experience and cultivates a positive organizational culture. This position is responsible for the following functional areas, but not limited to policies and procedures oversight, new-employee onboarding coordination, benefits administration and HR analytics.
Our staff is a dedicated and diverse group of individuals committed to providing quality care to our animals while creating moments of awe for guests. If you are a like-minded individual and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and innovative culture, Denver Zoo is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Responsible for all steps of pre-employment and initial on-boarding process.
- Conduct Benefits Orientation for new hires and confirm benefit eligibility.
- Lead open enrollment process including managing employee changes.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, beneficiaries, changes, disability, accident and death claims.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee benefit payroll records.
- Manage compliance with absence laws, including FMLA, ADA, etc., and manage cases as needed.
- Manage and update job descriptions to ensure information is relevant, up to date, and accessible to employees.
- Report injuries and incidents.
- Analyze employee turnover data and makes recommendations.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with various human resources personnel and internal stakeholders, ensuring that programs foster an inclusive environment that leads to a highly engaged workforce.
- Support the Human Resources department with special projects as needed.
- Performs various duties as assigned.
Skills you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires minimum of 2 years’ experience performing professional work in human resources.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience applying an equitable analysis to all duties to achieve organizational goals and demonstrate the Denver Zoo’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, accessibility and anti-racism preferred.
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams are necessary.
- Experience working with HRMS/HRIS systems and awareness of OSHA regulations & compliance.
- Requires superior organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize work and tasks.
- Requires adaptability to produce and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-task and changing environment, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive information with diplomacy.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly ask questions, as needed.
Benefits you will receive
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; short term and long-term disability; 403(b) retirement plan; and vacation and sick leave.
Hurry and Apply
Application Deadline: July 5, 2022
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.