Website E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Are you looking to expand your experience in Human Resources and work with a great and growing team? Do you have experience with immigration and working with highly educated foreign professionals? Our perfect candidate was at one time an “HR of one” professional who is looking to expand into a team environment and is ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to provide the best service to our employees.
We are looking for an HR Manager to join our team who will be responsible from A to Z for 200 to 300 employees including onboarding, payroll changes, training, performance, and off-boarding. Will coordinate day-to-day activities of all non-immigrant visa applications (H1B, TN, E3) in partnership with our Immigration Law firm.
You would be joining a 33-year-old professional services firm who specialized in project engineering and design, federal base operations and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs tasks required to administer and process human resource activities including but not limited to background checks, I9 verifications, benefits and leave administration. Knowledge of FMLA regulations a must.
- Responsible for payroll changes/adjustments including answering employee questions, and compensation and title changes.
- Under the direction of the HR Director, coordinate day-to-day activities of all non-immigrant visa applications (H1B, TN, E3) in partnership with Immigration Law firm. Coordinate day-to-day activities for all permanent residency applications, including labor certification, recruitment process, I-140 and I485 filings, in partnership with Immigration Law firm.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource electronic files, records, and documentation, while adhering to the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HR Director.
- Periodically conduct detailed I-9 audits to ensure complete I-9 compliance.
- Manage the monitoring for expiring work authorizations, process visa extensions in a timely fashion.
- Interact with foreign nationals on a regular basis and coordinate with external law firm to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Review immigration invoices. Escalate discrepancies as needed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Understanding of basic payroll fundamentals such as taxation, payroll garnishments, calculation of payroll deductions.
- Knowledge of processing visas and working with attorneys and candidates on immigration needs preferred
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the HR field
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional (PHR) credential is a plus.
- Associate degree in HR-related field required (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge in U.S. visa types, processes, and immigration laws is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description doesn’t constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.