Website Eagle Claw
Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle, Co. is one of the most recognized names in the tackle industry and has been a manufacturer of fishing products for over 90 years. Not only do we manufacture our fishhooks right here in Denver, CO, but we distribute premium quality fishhooks, rods, reels, and terminal fishing tackle throughout the United States and in over 40 countries worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work, we offer medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, supplemental life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation time, paid personal time, education assistance, and bonus opportunities may be available.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Reporting directly to the HR Manager may also perform administrative support for the Human Resource Department along with being responsible for several HR process assignments. Acts as company receptionist greeting and assisting visitors to Wright & McGill Co. and answering the general phone system incoming calls.
Attendance and Schedule
Consistent and regular attendance is required. Person in this position must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and work a 4 ½ day work week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule at times to help during Company functions to cover other shifts.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Three+ years demonstrated prior experience in Human Resources
- College degree in HR or related field or HR certification preferred
- Knowledge in Human Resource laws and benefits a plus
- Payroll experience in ADP Workforce Now, preferred
- Event planning a plus
- Must possess strong inter-personal skills and have a friendly and professional attitude and appearance.
- Requires exceptional organizational, filing skills and the ability to give strict attention to accuracy and detail.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing as necessary.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word, Excel and Power Point is required. Experience with email system required.
- Must have the ability to serve as a liaison between upper management and employees.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and the willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Must have good math skills and the ability to handle some basic accounting functions,
- Requires the willingness to participate in and promote the Company’s philosophy of wellness and good health management.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resource Manager and others in the department when needed. These duties may include composing letters and emails, developing postings, copying documents, folding for payroll attachment, maintaining and putting together new hire orientation information, working with excel spreadsheets maintaining HR data, maintaining integrity of all employee files, and many other HR administrative tasks as assigned.
- Is receptionist for Wright & McGill front door visitors greeting and assisting those who enter through the front door. Also, answers the company main phone for all calls that do not go directly to extensions assisting callers with questions, etc.
- Responsible for planning and organizing all social functions of the Company such as; monthly Anniversary Parties, safety gatherings, retirement parties, Holiday Brunch, Thanksgiving Dinner, Company Picnic and other benevolence programs. May give some support for any other Company functions such as the fishing outing conducted through the store. Shops for supplies and food for department, including all social functions. Maintains supply of gift cards, movie tickets, etc. used at these various functions.
- Responsible for the termination process, following up with managers on all required documentation through filing. Maintains the Master Termination log in the HR H: drive files.
- Administers exit interviews with employees leaving employment for either the HR Manager or self.
- Back-up for Payroll Tech and may process payroll, and prepare manual checks, look up wages and make basic data entry changes into the payroll system. May also be required to run payroll reports or cut manual payroll checks for HR Manager when Payroll Tech is unavailable or absent. Each two week payroll period, when the checks are delivered from ADP, the HR Assistant III verifies that all live checks are present and then sort according to department.
- Conducts interviews of open hourly positions to augment the recruiting efforts of the HR Generalist.
- Conducts New Hire Orientations for hourly positions to assist with on-boarding efforts.
- Assists HR Manager with the annual Performance Review process by reviewing and commenting on all hourly performance reviews and the administration of the process of the reviews.
- Assists HR Manager with the annual compensation system process from collecting job description data from the managers, completing Employers Council surveys, to spread sheeting comparisons of data to the W&M population.
- Assists HR Manager with review and writing of job descriptions for managers and with the maintenance of the Job Codes system.
- Maintains the HR attendance occurrences process sending occurrences to the appropriate supervisor/manager and recording all necessary information into the HR Occurrences spreadsheet.
- Maintains HR zero-occurrences spreadsheet for end of year incentive.
- Works with department managers and/or supervisors in preparing disciplinary action analysis and documentation for Attendance Policy infractions for final review by HR Manager.
- First stop in HR for work comp directing employees to one of the designated clinics, sends fax of job description and other pertinent information and in-puts work comp claims into the insurance agency computer web site (Pinnacol). Call for a taxi when needed.
- Provides administrative support to the Safety and Compliance Coordinator as requested. Maintains safety training files. Works with Safety Coordinator administering safety reward programs, which includes purchasing and preparing any snacks for the meeting.
- Maintains all Human Resources employee files both active, terminated and training keeping documents filed correctly and in a timely manner. Also, responsible for making new hire file folders.
- Offers technical support to supervisors and managers and employees using the ADP system.
- Responsible for daily cash log for the Accounting Department. Processing incoming checks on a daily basis.
- Administers the professional ticket programs for all employees.
- Works with the Wellness Instructor in coordinating and preparing for the Monthly Stretch & Breathe program. Assures the Wellness Instructor is paid each month.
- Is an active participant in Wright & McGill Wellness programs demonstrating support for the wellness philosophy by assisting the HR Generalist and HR Manager with preparing for wellness programs and events and in actively participating in Wellness programs and events. Assists with wellness programs and events by printing and distributing posters, folding information for payroll stuffers, purchasing food, and gifts, etc.
- Provides employees with current ID badges when needed utilizing HR digital camera equipment and Stanley badging system. May back up Payroll in creating badges for temporary employees.
- Works with the Laker Division supplying them with ID badges as needed for full time employees and temporary employees.
- Enrolls employees in education and training when asked maintaining copies of certificates earned, etc. and also entering this information into ADP.
- Maintains the prescription safety glasses program. Helps employees order new safety glasses and preparing invoices for payment.
- Helps prepare documents needed for meetings scheduled by Human Resource Manager such as the Supervisor’s Meetings, insurance meetings, Company meeting, and Anniversary Meetings.
- Schedules all departments’ interviews. Manages correspondence that comes in to the Jobs Box. Makes sure all applicants have taken the integrity test and complete a KSA for the position they are interviewing for. Notify appropriate HR staff when applicant is finished.
- Prepares company new hire and benefits packets for hourly and salaried new hires for Denver and Laker Divisions. Maintains copies of Hook Machine Training Manuals.
- Responsible for the proper use and operation of the computerized telephone system. Handles incoming calls that do not go directly to an extension. Is responsible for making sure someone is available to cover the switchboard/reception area when she/he must leave Human Resources to perform other tasks. Trains all back-up receptionists on the system. As a backup to the Executive Assistant distributes incoming faxes.
- Sorts all in-coming mail into the mail station and notifies any person when box is full. Also in charge of preparing all outgoing mail with postage. Responsible for postage meter and for ordering postage.
- Maintains Company HR bulletin boards updating information and decorating bulletin boards to be eye-catching and attractive as well as portray information.
- Answers basic questions and/or directs employees to the correct HR person for help or guidance.
Orders supplies for HR department and for position need such as folders, binders, inks, etc.
- Is back up to HR Generalist for reviewing of drug test results, integrity test results and background checks. Also, assist HR Generalist when an offer is made having the applicant complete the drug screening and background checking documents.
- Adds/deletes employees on company phone lists. This includes working with IT to assure correct phone extension changes are assigned to new employees and terminated employees are removed. Then the information is updated on the phone list and published.
- Publishes the Monthly Birthday Calendar
- Communicates every day lunch specials to all employees.
- Sends flowers/cards for bereavement, deaths. Assemble BD cards to send to employees.
- Performs other duties, similar or less skilled, as requested by the HR Manager.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Must be able to work and remain focused on detail in an open office environment where other department phone and business conversations are apart of the environment and constant interruptions are common.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stand, stoop, twist, reach and bend for significant periods of time in order to file documents into 4-drawer file cabinets and to make numerous trips throughout the building and manufacturing facility each day.
- Occasionally may be required to work outside of the normal work environment such as setting up for a company event.
- When preparing for Company events and/or functions, may need to lift and move chairs, tables, coolers, boxes of food etc., which could weigh 10 – 40 lbs
- Must have good visual acuity to read and input information and data into various computer programs.
- Will make frequent trips to plant area where there is machinery noise, and areas where there is oily machinery or chemicals
Computer/laptop, calculator, Stanley Badging system, Digital camera and software, copiers, Scanners/ fax machine, Polycom phone system equipment used in the position.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.