Website Eagle Claw
Who We Are
Want to work for the ONLY American Made Fishhook Company? Want to work with outdoorsy people just like you? Come join Eagle Claw! Enjoy a 4-day work week, great pay, career advancement opportunities, and benefits. Our company is proud to be based in Colorado for over 95 years. We are the outdoor industries leader in fishhook manufacturing and distribute hooks worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work, we offer medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, supplemental life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation time, paid personal time, education assistance, and bonus opportunities may be available.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
What you’ll be doing
Directs and manages all aspects of human resources for the Wright & McGill Co. including Laker Fishing Tackle Co. located in Missouri. The HR Manager must be consistent and regular on-site attendance is required. The person in this position must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. The schedule is Monday through Thursday, ten-hour days. Must also be able to work additional hours when needed to interact with other shifts or stay for company functions.
Your everyday essential functions
- Manages a department of four direct reports. Administers, manages, and supervises all HR processes including recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, benefits, total rewards, services, wellness, safety, records, payroll, worker’s compensation, employee relations and all other HR activities, operating in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Partner with executive leadership in strategic discussions pertaining to human resources and current business applications, opportunities, challenges, issues to find collaborative solutions including gathering and analyzing data as needed.
- Manage staffing activities including recruitment, testing, interviewing, hiring, orientation, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, and termination of all levels of employees including those hired through temporary agencies.
- Manage and engage in the administration of the employee benefits programs including health insurance, 401k plan, and total rewards programs. Is an active 401k plan committee member and administrator of the 401k plan.
- Manage and engage in the administration of the Worker’s Compensation plan, which includes review of cases and legal implications with the status of claims. Works with the Safety and Compliance Manager on maintaining the Worker’s Compensation Plan Policy.
- Manage and supervise the unemployment claims process for Wright & McGill Co. and the Laker facility and represent the Company at unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Partner with the Plant Manager assisting in the recruiting, selection, retention, and development of all employees in Production and other departments in the factory.
Skills you’ll need to be successful
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Psychology, or another related field.
- Must have a PHR, SPHR or other HR certification with a preference given for SPHR certification.
- Must have eight to ten years’ experience in human resources and have 5 years’ experience at the Human Resource Manager or Director level.
- Must have a broad background in all aspects of Human Resource Management, including employee relations, payroll, insurance administration, 401k plan administration, unemployment, worker’s comp, employment law, organization development, and recruiting/staffing.
- Must have advanced Excel and Microsoft Word skills.
- Must have skillful writing and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, and outside vendors and service providers.
- Strong analytical skills and strong decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of staff resolving conflict and administering policies fairly and equitably.
- Requires some travel.
Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 5:00pm
Must also be able to work additional hours when needed to interact with other shifts or stay for company functions.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.