Website Dietzler Construction
Dietzler Construction Corp. is a heavy civil general contractor operating throughout Colorado and Wyoming. Dietzler, and its affiliates, have been constructing complex infrastructure projects across the United States since 1913 for a variety of public entities and large private clients with an emphasis on bridge, dam and water utility projects. At Dietzler Construction, you will have the opportunity to be involved in interesting and complex projects that make a difference to the communities they serve.
Dietzler is committed to helping its employees grow professionally and personally, offering a wide variety of opportunities, training and benefits to advance employee skills, knowledge and expertise.
Dietzler Construction is looking for a Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist to assist in performing payroll, A/P and associated tasks in support of our various business units. The Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist provides high quality support to all areas of the organization and will focus on entering accurate payroll information, calculating wages and process a high volume of A/P invoices with accuracy. This position is based in Denver, CO and will report to the Controller.
- Collect and verify accurate timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay and overtime according to hours worked
- Manage and calculate taxes, per diems and deductions
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes, etc.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit payroll reports to supervisor
- Accurate and timely entry of A/P invoices
- Reconciliation of vendor statements
- Must work cooperatively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll and accounting roles
- Familiarity with GAAP
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant payroll legislation, policies and regulations
- Solid understanding of certified payroll and Davis Bacon wages
- Working knowledge of construction focused software, preferably Foundations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- High school diploma, BS/BA in accounting/business administration preferred
- Highly competitive pay
- Health insurance, including medical, dental and vision options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off benefits
Dietzler Construction is committed to a Drug Free work environment. All candidates will undergo and need to successfully complete a Drug and Alcohol screening along with successful completion of a background and motor vehicle record check in accordance with federal and state regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com