Website PDC Energy
PDC Energy, Inc. is an independent oil and gas company focused on maintaining a strong balance sheet and solid debt metrics while delivering value-added organic growth from a liquids-rich portfolio through horizontal drilling. Our mission is to efficiently and safely produce energy, while respecting the environment, in order to power and better peoples’ lives.
The Supervisor – Employee Relations & Recruitment works within the Human Resources Department on day-to-day and project related support in the areas of employee relations, recruitment, employee experience and general HR related project support. The incumbent manages both cyclical and ad-hoc projects specific to the HR department and workflow.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Lead Employee Relations team members who partner with departments to manage all employee relations business needs including investigations, performance improvement, coaching, etc;
- Performs tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited employee related business needs; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; productivity, recognition, and morale;
- Lead employee engagement survey for company and feedback to managers based on results;
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff;
- Conduct annual review and update of company policy and procedure manual and handbook;
- Support Sr. HR Manager and VP Corporate Administration with special ad hoc projects;
- Support total rewards team as needed;
- Support with talent development and compliance initiatives as needed;
- Manage projects along with departmental subject matter expert such as technology efficiencies within department and see through all phases of project;
- Perform various HR related day-to-day tasks as needed;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Highest degree of confidentiality;
- Extensive knowledge of employment and labor laws;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team setting;
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem solving skills;
- Experienced with data analytics and reporting;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must be able to build trust and strong relationship with team members and customers.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum attributes required at the designated Career Progression classification.
Support Services Professional 5
- Competency – Attained specialized knowledge in breadth and depth within discipline. Demonstrates expertise and has working knowledge of other specialty areas. Able to function as a leader within the department and is relied upon by colleagues, management, and other departments.
- Responsibility – Possesses advanced knowledge in professional discipline, gained from experience. Conducts complex studies and projects using advanced concepts.
- Problem Solving – Plans objectives and strategies of projects. Quickly and accurately identifies elements of projects, including aspects of cost savings and efficiency.
- Teaming – Acts as a resource to colleagues and as a mentor or supervisor to less experienced employees. Demonstrates initiative by actively advising and updating management and colleagues on departmental developments.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- This role will supervise two team members in multiple locations.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Experienced incumbent with extensive job-related experience and position specific skills;
- Project management certification a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field;
- Expert incumbent typically possessing a minimum of 8+ years job related experience. This elite level is characterized by individuals possessing a mastery of position skills, inter-departmental functions and cross-departmental knowledge;
- PHR or SPHR required within one year of hire.
To apply for this job please visit careers-pdce.icims.com.