Website Regional Transportation District
Salary Range: $215k-$250k annually
Why RTD: We make lives better through connections. Our team is made up of dedicated and qualified people doing extraordinary things to make the Denver metro area the best in the West. Our vision is to be the trusted leader in mobility, delivering excellence and value to our customers and community.
The Regional Transportation District provides public transportation in eight counties including all of Boulder, Broomfield, Denver and Jefferson counties, parts of Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties, and a small portion of Weld County. As a public agency, we are dedicated to serving the public and providing for the transportation needs of over 3.08 million people located within 2,342 square miles. We take great pride in the delivery of a wide array of services, and are proud to be part of the productivity, progress, and passion of 40 municipalities.
Key Competencies & Characteristics:
- Experienced change manager with proven background leading a diverse, multi-faceted human resource organization with multiple human resource functions including hiring, recruiting, retention, benefits, risk, development, training, and compensation in a public sector, unionized and non-represented environment
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of RTD, ethics, integrity, and confidentiality
- Proven ability to clearly communicate and passionately model the values of RTD to employees, media, and public
- Proven experience building the infrastructure of the HR team including team depth, utilization of Workday HRIS, driving compensation study, developing, and documenting policies and workflows
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of an employee feedback process, provide leadership and management to the process, and support the performance evaluation of a diverse workforce of over 2,500 employees
- Proven experience leading negotiations with collective bargaining, working with organized labor in similar public entities
- Proven experience collecting and analyzing employee feedback through regular surveying and other techniques to make data informed decisions
- Proven experience developing and implementing employee workforce solutions derived through employee feedback
- Proven experience building a culture of engaged employees
- Experience designing and modeling solutions for internal customer experience along with similar initiatives
- Demonstrated experience interpreting organizational focus and strategies to determine innovative solutions supporting strategic plan implementation
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, federal and state human resource laws.
- Demonstrated commitment to staff development
The Chief People Officer will collaborate with partners throughout RTD to deliver the following strategic initiatives in alignment with RTD’s recent Strategic Plan:
- Develop and implement Employee Empowerment strategies
- Collaborate with Finance and Budget to conduct Business Education strategies with RTD’s workforce
- Assess, develop, and implement Process Documentation of all RTD human resource functions and process
- Collaborate throughout the organization development and implement Employee Alignment strategies tied to RTD’s organizational success outcomes
- Collaborate with Communications and Engagement to Improve Internal Communications among employees throughout the organization
- Collaboratively develop Employee Engagement strategies to help the workforce connect their work to organizational success and positively communicate their engagement through an employee feedback process and surveys
- Conduct annual Employee Policy Updates
- Develop and implement an Employee Feedback Process
- Develop and implement innovative Retention Strategies
- Develop and implement Onboarding Support resources for hiring managers
- Collaboratively develop and implement comprehensive array of Training Programs related to operations, customer experience, safety, security, and community value
- Collaboratively develop and implement Supervisor Engagement Strategies to improve the quality of management and employee relations
- Collaboratively develop and implement Employee Safety Strategies with operations, capital programs, and other divisions in support of achieving organizational success outcomes.
- Serves as an integral member of the agency’s Leadership Team to ensure effective collaboration and integration of activities with other agency departments in pursuit of established success outcomes
- Suggest changes in policies and procedures based on agency needs and in compliance with federal and state laws
- Research compensation standards set by the market, industry, and governing bodies to create salary structures and administer employee benefits
- Assess reports provided by the HR team, team leaders and operations managers to determine employee performance and training needs
- Create talent optimization plans, interview schedules and evaluation standards in accordance with HR methodologies and labor laws
- Manage all HR activities, communications, reports, requests, and documents created and received by the team
- Oversee certain exit interviews and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of human resources experience
- 5 years of senior level management experience
- Experience engaging with a Board of Directors
- Human Resources Certification required (SPHR, PHR, etc.)
- Experience working within a politically sensitive environment
- Previous experience with labor relations and contract negotiations
- Public/Private Sector, Non-Profit, Government, or similar industry experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit recruiterflow.com.