Website Regis University
As Regis employees, we each have a responsibility to perform our work in alignment with the mission of the University, especially with its Catholic and Jesuit values. All employees are expected to both contribute to and strengthen the university’s culture of respect, inclusion and equity for all members of our community.
Regis University offers a generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents. We also offer Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community.
The Human Resources Manager is a professional management position responsible for assisting the Associate Vice President for Human Resources in the functional areas of HRIS, payroll to include data management and data integrity. This position will provide oversight and support of all payroll processing. Responsible for overall system performance and maintenance. Develops and recommends new and/or improved policies and plans for each area while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and laws. This position performs designated professional administrative and management duties in the absence of the AVP for Human Resources.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a primary strategist for the management of Workday HCM/payroll. Operates, maintains, and executes applications; inputs data and distributes output, and maintains the information system for the Department of Human Resources. Ensures data privacy.
- Performs various analytical and professional tasks in business processing, including payroll, absence and time tracking, recruitment, compensation, and benefits administration.
- Analyzes data relevant to personnel activities and functions; writes, maintains, and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in the development of standard reports and dashboards for ongoing customer needs.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data as assigned, participate in establishing methods for providing assigned human resource services; identify resource needs; reviews needs with appropriate management staff; respond to questions and concerns related to assigned human resources activities.
- Assists in reviewing, testing, and implementing Workday HCM system upgrades. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate upgrades or fix applications. Documents process and results.
- Performs job evaluation and classification analyses using various evaluation methods; determines salary grade and range assignment; audits classifications for accuracy; recommends adjustments.
- Conducts surveys; analyzes and matches survey data; prepares reports; and makes recommendations.
- Manage the payroll function, ensuring that all wage payments are made timely, correctly, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Reconcile annual retirement contribution census.
- Manage year-end federal and state tax reporting.
- Assists in the establishment and development of University long-range objectives regarding HR systems, payroll, and related programs and initiatives.
- Maintains effective working relationships within and outside the University as required to meet performance objectives. Strives to continually improve all functions and position responsibilities and activities. Actively participates in the HR management team, assisting with developing and realizing strategic plans, goals, and outcomes.
- Assists the AVP for Human Resources in policy development and management, training, compliance, and reporting.
- Supervise Payroll Administrator and Payroll Specialist/HR Coordinator position, to include the following: setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision. Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Performs other duties, as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Human Resources Management, or other relevant fields from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Higher education human resources experience.
- Experience working with Workday Human Capital Management.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with all levels of employees in a large, complex work environment.
- Proven record of influencing without authority and outstanding service orientation.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory or exempt level experience in human resources in one or more of the following areas: employment, benefits, classification and compensation, employee relations, personnel transaction operations, human resources information systems.
- Prior Workday experience especially in the areas of configuration, security and backend processes.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.