Website Rocky Mountaineer
This position is accountable for the development and day-to-day management of the Human Resources function for our US operational teams supporting the Rockies to the Red Rocks route. Working closely with the Vancouver based HR team, this role will partner with the business and lead the HR activities for the employee experience including recruiting, employee relations, learning & development, performance management, organization design, compensation and rewards, and diversity, and as supported through our centralized Vancouver Head Office HR Team. While this role will be well-supported through our HR team in Vancouver, and fellow-leaders in Colorado and Utah, this position is a solo HR role at location.
- Provides day to day HR support and consultative guidance to business leaders and employees
- Collaborates effectively with leadership teams; become an integral member of those teams as a trusted advisor and business partner.
- Responsible for the full recruitment process from sourcing and attracting, interviewing, and shortlisting of candidates
- Partner closely with HR colleagues in Canada to communicate needs and challenges of the business as well as in helping formulate solutions
- Establish and build programs and policies that align with local, state and federal laws, and maintain a clear schedule of review and updating as required, whether by company direction or local laws and regulations.
- Apply operational knowledge and business acumen to provide HR best practice solutions for people and development
- Coach leaders to effectively hold career development conversations, provide positive and constructive feedback, and to recognize and engage teams
- Working with the operational leaders, co-create and support engagement initiatives and engage with leadership as a key subject matter expert on engagement action plans
- Handles employee relations matters with discretion and confidentiality, and partners with external legal counsel as appropriate.
- Assists in conducting and resolving investigations regarding employee complaints and concerns.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements
- Work on HR projects, programs and policies as assigned in collaboration with the HRBP team.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Certification / Licenses
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Human Resources
- SHRM designation considered an asset
- 10+ years overall HR experience, significant HR Generalist or HRBP experience required
- Advanced knowledge of employment related laws, regulations, and practices
- Rail and/or tourism/hospitality experience advantageous
- Experience in high volume recruiting and working with operational and service-focused teams essential
- Experience in organization development, learning design, engagement and employee development; in applying and explaining job evaluation, compensation and benefits analysis to leaders; facilitator who can engage and inspire group interaction, in addition to delivering content
- Advanced organizational, project management and time management skills; able to balance and deliver to both client priorities with HR project work
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Warm, confident, charismatic, polished commanding leadership presence
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to influence stakeholders at various levels
- A collaborative partner with all colleagues, open and responsive to feedback
- Has fun, takes joy in work, and inspires others through a positive attitude and approach
- Tech savvy
Colorado, US based; Full-Time
Travel: this position will require travel, primarily with Colorado and Utah, from time to time. It will be important that the HR Business Partner will be both willing and available to travel as required
Qualifications & Behaviors
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.