Vitalant exists to help people realize their life-transforming potential by offering convenient blood donation opportunities and sharing their expertise in transfusion medicine. Founded in 1943, Vitalant is the nation’s largest independent, nonprofit blood services provider exclusively focused on providing lifesaving blood and comprehensive transfusion medicine services. They are comprised of a network of about 120 donation centers across the U.S., each with its own rich history and legacy. Vitalant is an internationally known and respected leader that continues to push the boundaries to advance the experience, practice and application of transfusion medicine.
Under limited supervision, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for attracting, sourcing, evaluating, and securing human capital to fill open positions within Blood Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Provides direct full life-cycle staffing activities for all positions by analyzing staffing trends and attrition along with business needs by sourcing, screening, and recommending qualified candidates for open positions. Ensures full attainment of staffing targets.
- Assesses all job seekers expressing interest in the posted positions, identifying qualified candidates for pre-screening interviews, conducts phone screens and measures candidates against a specific job profile, and recommends candidates to hiring leaders for in-person interviews.
- Sources talent by using electronic job boards, career fairs, social media, and other sourcing avenues to develop a pool of qualified candidates to fill vacancies within Blood Systems.
- Evaluates quality and quantity of pipeline and identifies and implements process improvements. Meets with hiring leaders to develop customized sourcing strategies for each unique position.
- Evaluates Affirmative Action goals to ensure EEO standards are met; conducts outreach calls to diversity agencies in their specific marketplaces regularly, and tracks and monitors diversity recruiting and sourcing activities.
- Works closely with hiring leaders to ensure that they are knowledgeable about the recruitment process. Collaborates closely with leaders in learning and utilizing the interviewing model. Schedules intake/engagement meeting with hiring leaders to discuss position details, ideal candidate profiles, and realistic turn-around times on screening, interviewing, and presenting qualified candidates.
- Delivers a positive and efficient hiring process to candidates, hiring leaders, and HR personnel experience by demonstrating effective communication skills and providing accurate, complete, and timely information.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures, including an understanding of legal and OFCCP recruiting requirements required.
- Knowledge of behavioral interviewing skills as well as negotiation/selling skills required.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems required.
- Experience in interviewing and recommending/selecting qualified candidates based on targeted skills and abilities in a fast-paced environment required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and execute a variable workload and multiple priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit bloodsystems.taleo.net.