Website Water For People
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Talent Management. The Director of Talent Management (DTM) leads the global talent function. The DTM defines Water For People’s overall talent strategy and leads efforts toward building Water For People’s organizational culture with best-in-class employees in all our offices worldwide.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Defines and implements global talent strategies (e.g., compensation philosophy, outsourcing opportunities, strategic hiring plans, performance reviews, talent management, etc.)
• Organizes and leads the bimonthly Manager’s Meetings and intentionally works to shift employee relations issues for resolution from the Talent Team to the appropriate manager, coaches managers in their professional development
• Supports employees, when needed, to develop their goals and Individual Development Plans
• Resolves employee relations issues (may enlist outside support if needed)
• Owns talent management program: job descriptions, regular performance reviews by supervisors and observers (mid-year and annual), professional development plans (including needed training), etc.
• Supports recruiting efforts for team members in Denver and in leadership roles outside the US
• Advises the Chief Administrative Officer on significant talent plans, key performance indicators, policies, and trends
• Manages the Talent Team budget ensuring appropriate and efficient allocation of resources are assigned
• Leads the Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee and support ongoing JEDI efforts
• Supports the global Safety & Security program and Crisis Response Teams, as needed
• Leads organizationally Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) compliance in accordance with the work plan
• Delivers results and metrics in a fast-paced, collaborative team culture
• Works closely with all managers to ensure alignment in management approaches and determines ways to best support employees to optimize the performance of Water For People
• Manages special projects and completes other tasks as assigned
• Leads development of Global Employee Guide to be adapted and adopted by each country
• Supports talent management and programs in all regions and determines next steps in their talent development
• Oversees payroll processes as well as compensation and benefits programs
• Supports CEO/Senior Leadership Team (SLT) with change management during organizational changes when needed
• Manages vendors responsible for benefits, HRIS, etc.
• Completes and/or oversees completion of required reporting and data retention
• Develops and implements a global set of employee standards, policies, and procedures across the organization in compliance with local laws and culture
• Prepares and periodically reviews and updates global employee policies and procedures (such as recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee development, performance management, recognition, etc.)
• Sets goals and conducts performance reviews for direct reports
• Leads and manages Talent Team members in Denver and support a global community
• Assigns work to Talent Team members; provides guidance and feedback around priorities and objectives
• Performs administrative duties and oversight for direct reports (e.g., review and approval of timesheets, time off requests, monthly P-card statements)
• Provides oversight, training, and guidance with compliance to all employees and payroll data, organizational policies, and procedures
• Supports team around their performance management and professional training and development
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Connect to Mission – Work to integrate own behaviors with the mission of the organization; connect the organization’s mission with established structure and activities; actively work to improve the capabilities of teams; actions and decisions are taken with the organization in mind
• Manage through Ambiguity – Adapt to people, shifting demands, and changing priorities with ease; create clear picture of the importance and relevance of change; find way to apply innovative ideas to enhance business results
• Demonstrate Cultural Awareness – Establish an inclusive environment; is appreciative, affirming and inclusive of all cultural backgrounds; demonstrate active listening, empathy and effective engagement to increase cultural competence
• Action-oriented – Integrate a variety of information or translate corporate strategy; drive innovation to create competitive edge; introduce substantive improvements to enhance performance throughout a functional area; create something that stands out against the norm to help deliver industry-leading performance
• Sense of Team – Facilitate collaboration; invest in building relationships; advocate ideas and effectively negotiate to achieve mutually successful outcomes; know and consider the capabilities of coworkers in own actions; bring people together across boundaries, leveraging differences to achieve results as a team
• Build Talent and Team – Build sustainable talent pipeline; look beyond own team, towards building organizational capacity; review employees’ capabilities to assess organization capacity to deliver on strategy; challenge individuals to champion the talent management agenda; benchmark people capability and people processes
• Impact and Influence – Empower teams to perform; appropriately use the power of the position as well as personal influence to achieve outcomes; persuade others to willingly pursue a course of action against their initial inclination; create a team spirit of excitement and positive motivation; hold the group/team accountable to higher goals based on greater empowerment
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree preferred
• Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®) certification is required
• Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
• 7+-10years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in Human Resources with 5 years’ experience managing staff
• Experience working in a small organization or company division in which both function management and hands-on delivery of HR service was required
• Experience leading, managing, and/or conducting the following HR activities:
o Defining and implementing HR best practice and processes in a global environment
o Developing and championing people development policies, obtaining buy-in from senior management, and seeing policies through to implementation
o Developing senior and middle management within a clear succession framework
o Coaching employees, reviewing performance, and defining clear goals
o Identifying high potential staff and emerging leaders and providing developmental opportunities
o Payroll processing
o Compensation and benefits
o Staff engagement, including recognition and performance management
• Negotiation and vendor management skills
• Experience in the field and familiarity with new models in international development is an asset
• Advanced computer proficiencies MS Office, HRIS (ADP), SharePoint, other HR systems and tools
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally to low- and middle-income countries, where travel is rugged
• Water For People Headquarters is based in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm MDT, Friday, February 12th.
This is a exempt, full time position.
Salary Range: The anticipated starting pay range for this position is $98,500-$106,500 annually and may be modified depending upon skills, experience, and geographical location.
Benefits: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee wellness and success which includes healthcare coverage, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with employer match.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space which is located at I-25 and Broadway:
• Employer-paid parking
• Walking distance from I-25 and Broadway RTD station
• Food trucks outside the office daily
• Dog friendly workplace
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.