Website Fall River Employee Benefits
Do you have a love of learning and constantly improving your knowledge of the employee benefits industry, compliance, and your clients’ businesses? Are you able to easily gain the confidence and respect of others in daily internal and external (client) interactions? Are you passionate about providing a phenomenal customer experience? Do you love helping clients understand their healthcare data and the story behind the numbers?
If so, you may be a great fit with us as Senior Account Manager. This is an ideal role for someone who wants a meaningful position, to significantly grow long-term, and to make a major impact with our proprietary industry-leading strategies that other brokers can’t access. You would have complete ownership of the client strategy, management, and retention of a book of business.
Your ability to help present in finalist meetings and assist with RFP responses contributes to our company’s growth and allows you to be a key part of the company’s future, and we envision you taking us to amazing new heights long-term.
We are a fast-paced employee benefits brokerage in the Lower Highlands near Downtown Denver, with the mission of being the most innovative and proactive broker in this market. We absolutely love our work, but we also believe in whole-person wellness and work/life balance because when we take care of ourselves, we can take even better care of our clients.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to make a deep and valued impact in a thriving organization
- Ability to work with a team of caring professionals who value integrity, a true partnership, passionate pursuit of excellence, and healthy work/life balance
- Ability to work remote 3-4 days per week, and in our Denver Lower Highlands office (ideally 1-2 days a week), which has free street parking and is in a vibrant location within an easy walk of restaurants and coffee shops
- Phenomenal working environment, including daily jeans casual when in the office (except when at in-person client meetings)
- A commitment to professional development and participation in industry training
- Philanthropy/volunteer efforts where you can help pick the causes
- Excellent benefits including employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance; 401K with generous matching; profit sharing; paid vacation and sick time; a strong quarterly bonus program;
What you will be doing:
- Managing a book of business of large group and small group clients with various funding structures, analyzing claims and financial performance data, and serving as a knowledgeable and strategic advisor to existing clients and prospective clients
- Providing direction to the fantastic Benefit Analysts that will support you in delivering excellent service
- Strategizing, planning, and leading renewals; conducting open enrollment presentations, and proactively communicating with clients throughout the year
- Advising on carrier selection, alternate funding, plan and contribution strategies to obtain client goals; and negotiating carrier, vendor, and third-party policy terms and costs
- Delegating some of the day-to-day issues and carrier quoting to your colleagues
- Reinforcing our mission, core beliefs, and strategy in everything you do, and helping the team to do the same
- Contributing to revenue growth (RFP responses, presentations with potential new clients, etc.), and cross-selling other lines of business
- Partnering with your amazing teammates on internal projects each quarter and participating in company planning retreats where you have a voice in our direction
- Active CO Life & Health Insurance license
- Extensive knowledge of benefits compliance (ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.)
- Strong math and analytical skills, with excellent logic
- Fantastic active listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, tech-savviness, and the ability to navigate new software with ease
- Ability to travel out-of-state occasionally once safety measures allow
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 year’s experience in health insurance or employee benefits account management
- Authorization to work in the US
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
The salary for this position ranges between $70,000-110,000 depending on knowledge, license, skills, and experience, plus a strong bonus potential as well as the comprehensive benefits listed above.
If you’re a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
Fall River Employee Benefits, an Alera Group company, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit fallriveremployeebenefits.recruitee.com.