Website Experience Factor Recruiting Solutions
Experience Factor is partnering with a private equity backed organization that focuses on transportation and environmentally safe material recycling services. This team prides itself on the important work they provide as well as a culture that supports collaborative, self-directed, experienced professionals. As a department of one supporting the predominantly exempt team of employees, this HR Generalist will maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by managing the full lifecycle of employment activities, including the administration of HR and Payroll systems. If you thrive in a skilled-labor workforce environment and enjoy being the go-to person for all HR related issues, this could be a great opportunity.
The important work you’ll do:
- Manage the overall administration of company benefits, new hires, benefits, LOAs, etc.
- Payroll administration, ensuring garnishments, certified payroll, verifications of employment and other payroll related tasks are properly administered
- Actively participate in the implementation and administration of upgraded HR/Payroll systems
- Provide excellent customer service and support for employees related to all HR inquiries and employee self-service entries into HRIS
- Frequently assess opportunities to ease administrative burdens; support the company’s paperless environment initiatives as well as the adoption of a single set of user practices across all entities.
- Understand, develop, administer and support company policies, procedures, identifying opportunities for enhancement and improvement specifically those that drive employee engagement
- Partner with Regional Recruiter to lead recruiting efforts
- Create and facilitate new employee onboarding process
- Partner with the General Manager to support administrative and operational projects
The Important skills you have:
- A minimum of 3 years of HR and payroll experience (certified payroll administration experience strongly preferred)
- Prior experience in a construction / skill labor environment
- ADP HR/Payroll system experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience; HR certification preferred
- Knowledge of personnel policies, recordkeeping requirements, procedures, practices and general employment laws
- Proven experience effectively developing relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, etc.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize among competing duties/projects
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills; customer service minded approach in all interactions. Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Ability to work onsite with an earlier schedule, and occasional long days during the busy season (April-October)
- Flexible, dependable, confident and accountable; ability to maintain confidentiality and navigate sensitive issues
What you’ll be offered:
- Salary Range of $75,000-$90,000 DOE
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, HAS, HRA, life insurance, disability coverage
- 401(k) plan with excellent company match
- A down-to-earth, stable environment with mentorship opportunities to grow your HR knowledge
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org