SUMMARY: The Payroll Specialist I is responsible for all areas of payroll processing for PayTech’ s Managed Services customers. Responsible for processing assigned clients’ payrolls according to established client schedules. Produce timely and accurate payroll checks and ensure the accuracy of payroll information for reporting purposes. Responsible for keeping customer information confidential and secure. Intermediate knowledge of payroll processing is essential. Knowledge of Ceridian, Ultimate and/or ADP is preferred. Excellent customer service and communication skills are also essential to this position. This position requires frequent interaction with peers, customers, software provides and PayTech management. Supports the operations of the corporate office (specifically Billing) and assists in establishing a high level of service for all customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain all payroll data from customers including but not limited to hours, salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions.
- Data entry or import of time detail into system. Review all information for completeness and accuracy. Report any potential issues to customers.
- Process new hire data into payroll system including, but not limited to: personal information, pay rate and job code data, W-4 wage withholding information and exemptions, all payroll deductions and electronic funds transfer data.
- Process termination data in payroll system(s), as provided, including but not limited to calculation of final paycheck.
- Calculate and process all payroll related changes including but not limited to: transfers, terminations, promotions, and changes in compensation including salary/rate and retroactive pay increases, and other pre- or post-tax deductions.
- Process wage attachments, calculating per payroll deduction as necessary, following all state and federal guidelines.
- Utilize all PayTech and payroll vendor tools, as available, to audit and balance all input prior to final approval for processing by client.
- Verify/Audit payroll output against payroll reports and registers prior to check date for accuracy.
- Issue corrected manual checks and corresponding void posting to ensure accurate year-to-date earnings for payroll. Create stop payments/ACH deletions or reversals when necessary.
- Complete and balance pay period, monthly and quarterly reports as needed to ensure client information stays consistently in balance. Design reports if necessary, or engage PayTech technical resources as needed.
- Respond to and resolve all payroll inquiries and make resultant changes. Report to Lead/Manager any problems/changes that may impact PayTech financially or require client/manager contact.
- Maintain customer files electronically. Ensure confidentiality and security of all customer’s employee information.
- Research and resolve any customer or system problems, drawing on your own experience or by initiating contact with other expertise as required to resolve timely.
- Assist with on boarding process, as required, to build immediate credibility and good relationship with clients.
- Accountable and responsible for all aspects of providing quality service for customers.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, co-workers and management to promote a quality service image.
- Strict confidentiality regarding customer and their employees’ information is to be maintained at all times.
- Promote team environment, assisting other Specialists when needed to ensure success of entire team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At least three years of payroll processing experience with a solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws. Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of employees and management. A working knowledge of Ceridian, Ultimate and/or ADP, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is desired. Good time management and multi-tasking skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain high levels of service to all assigned payroll customers. This position must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
FPC or CPP certification is preferred.
This position must be located in Denver, CO.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.